We’re building a dream team of talented people with a singular purpose: to create the best football-based game franchise in the world. We’re looking for a world-class Chief technology officer to spearhead our digital efforts.
Chief technology officer
Superclub AS is a one-game game studio based in Haugesund, a small city on Norway’s beautiful western coast. Our one game, Superclub, has many expansions, both licensed and original, and is already the best football manager board game in the world (in our humble opinion). That’s great and everything, but it’s only the beginning.
In the coming years, we’ll be expanding in all sorts of ways. The first of which is by adding more people to the dream team. (See other areas of expansion at the end of this listing).
What’s it like working at Superclub?
Every Monday, we like to start the week by going around in a circle pinching the person on our right to see if they wake up from this delightful dream or if we really do work at this fantastic company building something great from scratch. So far, nobody has snapped out of it, and we’re starting to suspect that it’s not a dream.
We have come very far with a small staff. Now, growing our organization is essential to keep up with all demands, and we’re actively looking for more talented people/dreamers.
Do you want to help dream up the next big football game franchise? Then perhaps you’re the ideal candidate for our new Chief technology officer.
Our new Chief technology officer will be responsible for:
- Creating a flexible tech foundation for Superclub’s expansion into the digital realm, with a particular focus on mobile app development.
- Help create a tech strategy for all aspects of our organization.
- Take an active part in hiring a tech team, and lead said team in implementing both the general tech strategy and developing the mobile app.
- Working closely with the founding team and other colleagues throughout all divisions of Superclub.
We believe that the successful candidate:
- Has at least a few years’ worths of experience in a relevant position. The candidate probably also has relevant higher education.
- Can demonstrate impressive results from previous endeavours.
- Loves football. It’s not a requirement from our side, but we find it extra motivating to work with something that we’re so passionate about.
- Is driven, hard-working and easy to get along with. Having come a long way with a small staff, trust in our colleagues is key to everything we do.
- Speaks and writes English fluently. If the candidate speaks Norwegian or another European language, that will be advantageous.
The position is ideally based in Haugesund, but we are open to setting up a tech division elsewhere – with frequent gatherings across locations to build a strong and cohesive company foundation.
Superclub can offer:
- Fantastic working environment with awesome colleagues
- Early entry into an exciting company
- The chance to heavily influence your own job description and day-to-day responsibilities
- Excellent career opportunities as an early hire in a growth company
- Competitive salary with an attractive employee equity program
When the successful candidate arrives at our brand new office (ready this summer), the candidate will be met by an enthusiastic and welcoming founding team. A laptop of choice with Notion, Slack, HubSpot, Microsoft Office, and your email@example.com email ready installed will be at the candidate’s desk. Then we get to work as quickly as possible.
We’re a fast-paced startup with huge ambitions. Working at Superclub is super fun, but it’s also a lot of work. The single most important criteria we have for our new employees, apart from being outrageously talented, is that they share our drive and commitment.
Apply for the job
Applications are considered and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Feel free to attach any case studies or portfolio summaries showcasing your previous work and results. And please write in English or Norwegian.
Need more info?
Please contact CPO Kjetil H. Johansen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Other areas of Superclub expansion:
We’re proud of our existing product catalogue, but there are just so many possibilities in and around this game. We’ve only seen the tip of the Superclub iceberg, and we can’t wait to dive in and explore just how deep this thing really is.
Some of the most prominent organizations in the world of football are already on board (quite literally), and the massive stream of exciting possibilities coming our way is showing no signs of slowing down. But the world of football is enormous, so there’s still a long way to go before we can rest on our laurels.
If Superclub is so great, can it work in other formats than the original tabletop game? Can it become a trading card game? Can a digital version possibly be on the cards, and will it be the most significant thing in mobile gaming since Snake?
You know what … it just might.